THE GREEN POLICY
We aim to continuously improve our green activity through the following steps:
• Up-keeping good general maintenance of the hotel building.
• Maintain a level of no litter and an excellent visual impression at all times.
Management and Marketing:
• Continue to increase staff environmental awareness, creating a green culture.
• Continue to hold Green Team meetings regularly.
• Promote our Green Tourism and efforts in on-site and off-site activities.
• Support both local and international social responsibility projects and remain active in the community.
• Offer a range of family focused green activities and ensure we remain an accessible business.
Energy and Water:
• We are constantly striving to reduce the hotel’s carbon footprint by monitoring energy use.
• We are decreasing our energy requirements by better design of refurbished areas and installation of energy efficient equipment wherever possible (for example to save electricity we have installed timer switches in key staff areas).
• Low energy lighting and individual heating controls in the rooms.
• We always operate green laundry practices where possible.
• Ecological water treatment in managed in the Spa through use of the ‘Ozone’ system.
• Every effort is made to ensure noise and light emissions to surrounding neighbourhood are minimised.
• We actively encourage guests to re-use their towels if they are staying for a few days.
• We are committed to responsibly sourced food products and ingredients, following seasonal trends and reducing food miles by sourcing from the local area whenever possible. We source quality ingredients from artisan suppliers within the area, with bread and meat (and most vegetables and cheeses) originating within a few miles of the hotel.
• We encourage all departments to use local suppliers and contractors, where possible to actively support the local community and reduce delivery and travelling mileage.
• We purchase fair-trade and ethical products where possible and use eco-friendly cleaning products when available.
• We recycle all waste paper, glass, cardboard and plastic bags and have invested in a waste compactor.
• Waste food and used kitchen oil is collected, composted and recycled.
• We implement sound gardening practices and composting.
• Any hazardous waste substances are minimized and effectively disposed of.
- Most staff members live locally and are encouraged to walk when possible.