We want you to make the most of your time at The Arbutus.
At the Arbutus we see our guests and team as individuals and we have a range of facilities for people of all abilities and welcome your special requests.
This access statement is intended to provide you with additional information prior to your arrival at the hotel and to address some of the questions that you may have.
Please remember that by informing us of any additional needs that you may have, we will endeavour to meet your personal requirements.
The Arbutus aims to ensure that all employees, guests and others who use, or assist in, the provision of our services are treated equally and according to their needs.
Making an Enquiry or Reservation
- Enquiries and reservations may be made by telephone, fax, online or by email.
- We welcome the opportunity to discuss your personal requirements with you prior to your arrival.
- The hotel is located in the town centre on a busy junction and it is accepted that you may park outside the front of the hotel for 10 or 15 minutes while drop off your luggage etc and we give you directions to the parking options.
- There are two designated disabled public parking spaces 40 meters from the hotel.
- There are 2 small steps into the hotel and these can be avoided by using the bar entrance if necessary.
Train or Bus:
- We are a 5 minute walk from Killarney bus or train stations. We can arrange for a taxi to meet you at the station if you so wish
- Kerry is approximately a 20 minute drive,Corkis 75 minutes andShannon2 hours.
Inside our Kerry Hotel
- Access to the restaurant, bar and ground floor rooms is all on a flat surface, part carpet, part wood and part tiled and are accessible to wheelchair users.
- Our corridors are wide enough to accommodate a wheelchair.
- All staff are trained in disability awareness.
- Assistance dogs welcome.
- We have a lift at the hotel.
- Toilet facilities have restricted access for wheelchair users, our ground floor bedroom may be used when available
- Allergy-free pillows and duvets available on request
- 1 ground floor room accessible via small step/ramp, containing the following:
- Wider doors
- Lower level switches, controls and amenities
- Grab rails in shower room
- Pull cords for alarms in bathroom
- Vibrating pillows for hard of hearing guests
- Adjustable hanging rail in wardrobe
- At breakfast there is a cold buffet and full waiter service.
- Please let us know in advance if you have any special dietary needs.
- Menus also available in large print on request.
- There is ample moveable seating and there are chairs without arms.
- Restaurant tables are laid with white linen.
- The restaurant area is well lit, with natural daylight during daytime hours.
- All floor area is a flat surface, part carpet, part wood and part tiled.
- Table service available
- In the event of evacuation the bells will ring continuously. If you require assistance for evacuating please notify us on arrival.
We have tried to be as accurate as possible and have included as much details as we can in our Accessibility Statement, however we do welcome your feedback in order to evolve the information and services we provide. If you require further assistance, please contact the hotel on +353 64 663 1037 for more details on Kerry Hotels Facilities.